Configuring a Generic Client for Fedora Talk
This page will help you set up a generic client, such as an IP phone handset or a different softphone client, for Fedora Talk. If you do not see a setting in your client that matches a setting below, simply skip that setting. If you have problems, consult the troubleshooting page.
Generic client configuration values
- SIP address: sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extension: FAS Account name, or look up using the VoIP link in your FAS account
- Voicemail: Enabled
- SIP Registration: talk.fedoraproject.org (port 5060)
- User Name: FAS Account name
- SIP proxy: talk.fedoraproject.org (port 5060)
- SIP outbound proxy: talk.fedoraproject.org (port 5060)
- Domain: talk.fedoraproject.org
- Authentication name: FAS Account name
- Password: VoIP Password (this can be found in your FAS account and is NOT your FAS account password)
- Use DNS SRV records: Enabled
Other specific client information
If you wish to provide instructions for a specific client, please visit the Fedora Project wiki page below and edit as desired.